Home / 10 Tips to care for your Glasses
Repairs & Replacement Lenses can be Same Day or Next Day!
Take Care of your Glasses
Here are some things you can do to extend the life of your glasses.
10 Tips to Care for Your Glasses and Sunglasses
- Never place your glasses with the lenses down.
- Use a mini-screwdriver to keep the screws tight.
- Keep them in a case when you are not using them.
- Avoid leaving glasses on the car dashboard in hot weather as they may distort.
- Clean the lenses with a lint-free cloth -micro fiber cloths are ideal and available from us.
- Avoid cleaning with t-shirt or any other cloth, these materials include fibers that will scratch lenses.
- Always use a specially formulated lens cleaner to clean your lenses. Many coated lenses will smear with unsuitable cleaning solutions.
- Should the fit become loose – return them to your optician who will be able to make simple adjustments to make them fit properly again.
- Always use both hands when removing your frames. It will keep your frames in adjustment longer.
- Wearing your sunglasses on the top of your head may look chic, but it stretches them and they won’t fit as a result.
Come see us once a year for your annual frame adjustment and ultrasonic cleaning