Founded in 1985 by Leroy Herszman and Max Phelps, Sunglass & Optical Warehouse grew from humble beginnings in a booth at the world famous Kobey’s Swap Meet in the San Diego Sports Arena parking lot and a booth in the historic Walker Scott Building at Broadway and Fifth, to offer the largest selection of sunglasses, prescription sunglasses, and prescription glasses in San Diego, with over 60 brands and 7,000 frames to choose from.
As San Diego’s largest retailer of sunglasses and prescription eyewear, Sunglass & Optical Warehouse features:
- Three in-house optometrists, plus other eye care professionals, who help prescribe, dispense, and fit prescription eyeglasses and sunglasses that not only look good on your face, but keep you seeing well
- High end, exclusive brands that center on high fashion, including the world’s finest and most sought after brands, such as Fachia, Gucci, Christina Dior, Salt, Tom Davies, Lindberg, Zero G, Tiffany, Etnia Barcelona, Gotti Switzerland, and many others
- Frames made from exotic materials and ultra-light space age materials
- A complete line of sports and lifestyle sunglasses for baseball, tennis, fishing, cycling, skiing, water sports, and safety
- Polarized sunglasses from Ray Ban, Costa, Spy, Maui Jim, and Zeal
- Single vision in-house replacement lens services for sunglasses and prescription sunglasses, plus repair services, often while you wait.
Today Sunglass & Optical Warehouse operates three locations in San Diego County:
Sunglass & Optical Sports Arena Warehouse (Kurtz Street), located behind the San Diego Sports Arena, here’s where you’ll find San Diego’s most extensive selection of sunglasses and prescription glasses and frames.
Sunglass & Optical Sports Arena Boutique (Hancock Street), Sunglass and Optical Warehouse’s boutique for hands-on access to high-end, often hard-to-find eyewear selections.
Sunglass & Optical Kearny Mesa (Convoy St), our newest location at the corner of Convoy & Balboa.
View Store Locations