Looking for a gift this holiday season for a loved one on your shopping list? Treat that special him or her to the gift of eyewear this season.
With the region’s largest selection of sunglasses, prescription sunglasses, and prescription glasses to choose from, you or a family member are all but guaranteed to find something at Sunglass and Optical Warehouse to fit your face, your fashion sense, and your budget.
We carry top brands such as Maui Jim, Ray-Ban, Prada, Gucci, Tom Ford, Fendi, and many others. From polarized lenses, transition lenses, designer brands, and sports frames to safety lenses and unique, hard-to-find premium brands such as Gatorz, Salt, Hobie, Electric, Spy, and Vuarnet, come browse our collections to find the look and the fit that’s right for you or your loved one.
Timeless Shapes & Styles for Men and Women
There are certain styles of eyewear that seem to transcend time and trends, remaining popular year-in and year-out. When deciding on a gift, consider the following:
- CLASSIC AVIATOR glasses came on the scene in the 1930s when they were mainly made for pilots. Designed to optimize peripheral view protection, they feature thin wire frames, large dark lenses, and a double bridge. Originally developed by Ray-Ban, many manufacturers now make these classily-shaped sunglasses. View Aviator Choices in Our Online Store
- Geometric, trapezoid-shaped frames and thick rims, such as those made popular with the WAYFARER style, originated in the 1950s with Ray-Ban. Often touted as the bestselling design of all time, this iconic style was initially popular in the 1950s and 1960s and has made a comeback in recent years after being worn by celebrities such as Tom Cruise and James Franco. View Wayfarer Choices in Our Online Store
- CAT EYE glasses originally became popular in the 1950s, primarily as a new look in eyeglass styles for women. Eventually, they became very popular as sunglasses, too, after they were worn by Marilyn Monroe, Grace Kelly, and Elizabeth Taylor. Initially, cat eye frames and wayfarers were quite similar, but wayfarers grew to be more squarish and “masculine” while cat eyes retained their feline, more feminine look. Present-day celebs such as Jessica Alba and Katy Perry have made them popular choices once again. View Cat Eye Choices in Our Online Store
- Ray-Ban Sunglasses of various styles remain a go-to brand for many, routinely selling well during the holidays. In fact, Business Insider named Ray-Ban Clubmasters (which feature unique brow-line frames and round, metal-rimmed lenses) and other Ray-Ban styles as top retro choices in 2019 for both men and women. View Ray-Bans in Our Online Store
Big Is In
Big sunglasses are in style, especially with women. According to Glowsly.com, 2019’s top sunglass picks are overwhelmingly oversized. Cat eye frames, oversized round frames, and oversized aviators appear to be the top choice of the fashion conscious, as well as various other round and rectangular shapes, often in unusual shapes, sci-fi themed, or featuring multi-colored frames. View Oversized Choices in Our Online Store
Worried About Choosing Correctly? Give a Gift Card
If you’re not sure what style of sunglasses to get, or you just don’t think you can get away with measuring your loved one’s face for a proper fitting without spoiling the surprise . . . no worries. Sunglass and Optical Warehouse Gift Cards are available by purchase at all of our locations in denominations of $50, $100, and $250 US dollars. Our gift cards have no expiration dates and no dormancy fees. Give us a call at (619) 577-4294 for details.
We’re Here to Help
Choosing the right sunglasses is a personal choice, based as much on fashion sense as the shape of the wearer’s face and eyes. We invite you to stop by our main store on Sports Arena Boulevard, off Kurtz Street, in San Diego, to browse the more than 60 other brands and some 7,000 frames we have to choose from. You can also shop for them in our online store.
Our skilled team of optometrists, opticians, and other eye care professionals can help you explore our collections to find a look and a style that’s right for you and/or your loved one.
- Opticians are on-site at all Sunglass & Optical locations, including our Sports Arena Boutique (Hancock Street).
- Optometrists practice on-site at our Sports Arena Warehouse (Kurtz Street) and Kearny Mesa (Convoy Street) locations. While walk-ins are often available, calling ahead to schedule an appointment is highly recommended.