With warm days and cool nights, fall in San Diego offers some of the best weather of the year for getting out end enjoying some of the local attractions. One of Sunglass and Optical Warehouse’s favorites is Liberty Public Market.
Open 11am – 8pm, seven days a week, Liberty Public Market is located in San Diego’s historic Liberty Station (formerly the Naval Training Center, San Diego, which operated between 1923 and 1997). The public market houses nearly three dozen local artisans who offer prepared foods, beer, wines, specialty cocktails, produce, fish, desserts and pastries, pastas, arts and crafts, and much more for sale to its many daily visitors.
- Minocqua Gourmet Popcorn Co.—Small batches made with real butter, brown sugar, real cheese, and high grade kernels ensures near-perfect consistency, flavor, and texture for your popcorn-eating enjoyment. Flavors include caramel, white chocolate pretzel, Northwoods mix, cheese, and many others.
- Wicked Maine Lobster—Only Maine natives could serve up a yummy lobster roll like this: plump with lobster meat and served in a hot, buttered roll. They also offer New England style clam chowder and lobster bisque, plus fried clams, haddock and scallops.
- WestBean Coffee Roasters—Skillfully roasted, local, micro-batch handcrafted coffee sets the amazing variety of coffees and cold brews you’ll find here apart from others, including salted caramel and mocha lattes, as well as cappuccinos and a variety of teas.
- Bottlecraft Boutique Beer Shop and Tasting Room—The 1,000 square-foot space offers a tasting bar with 24 rotating craft beers on draft and hundreds of bottles of the best and hard-to-find local, domestic, and international craft beer.
- Kai & Skye—Offering trendy, high quality bohemian chic jewelry and accessories for every season.
- Nobelrags—Offers inspiring bracelets, accessories, and more, and donates a portion of every sale to charities that help people suffering from illness, loss, and hardship.
Spanning nearly 25,000-square-feet, Liberty Public Market offers a bit of something for everyone. Best of all, it offers a family-friendly setting where you can visit for an hour or most of the day to peruse storefronts, sample new food concepts, and connect with fellow San Diegans.
CRAFToberfest 2018 is coming to the Liberty Public Market September 28 to October 7, featuring 10 whole days of craft beer celebration at Bottlecraft, live music, cheese tasting, and plenty of games and prizes to make it a week to remember.
Shades that Are Right for You
Sunglass and Optical Warehouse wants your day experiencing Liberty Public Market to be enjoyable and safe. Stop by any one of Sunglass and Optical Warehouse’s three San Diego locations to browse our collections of sunglasses including top brands such as Armani, Bolle, Calvin Klein, Maui Jim, Nike, Oakley, Otis, Persol, Ray-Ban, Rudy Project, and many others. Our skilled team of optometrists, opticians, and other eye care professionals can help you explore our collections to help you find a look and a style that’s right for you.
- Opticians are on-site at all Sunglass & Optical locations, including our Sports Arena Boutique (Hancock Street).
- Optometrists practice on-site at our Sports Arena Warehouse (Kurtz Street) and Kearny Mesa (Convoy Street) While walk-ins are often available, calling ahead to schedule an appointment with them is highly recommended.