Sunglasses are as much a fashion statement as your shoes, clothes, or hairstyle. That said, is this the year you finally get a pair of shades that not only protect your eyes from the sun but allow you to express your unique style?
With more than 60 brands and more than 7,000 frames to choose from, Sunglass and Optical Warehouse can help you find sunglasses that are just right for you, including brands such as Armani, Bolle, Calvin Klein, Maui Jim, Nike, Oakley, Otis, Persol, Ray-Ban, Rudy Project, and many other top sellers.
What the Experts Say
Maybe you’re a fan of classic and timeless aviator style shades, or maybe you’re looking for something a bit more retro, like Clubmaster’s browline sunglasses, which harken back to the 1950s and 60s. Or perhaps you’re looking for a style to support your active lifestyle. Whatever your preference, you’re sure to find a look and a style that pleases.
We’ve put together a list of a few of the sunglasses the experts are saying will be top picks for men and women this summer:
- Business Insider’s best retro sunglasses for men and women are Ray-Ban Clubmasters. These designs, made famous in the mid-20th century when they were worn by many celebrities and historical figures, feature the unique browline frame and round, metal-rimmed lenses.
- Continuing the retro vibe, Stuff.tv recommends Persol’s 649 Series sunglasses. These rugged shades ooze 1950s cool while showcasing the features and functions of contemporary frames.
- Business Insider tabs Oakley Holbrook for the best casual sport sunglasses. These rugged shades feature impact- and shatter-resistant polycarbonate lenses and a style that looks good both on and off the field (or beach or court).
- If shield-style sunglasses are more your thing, tv says you’ll want to check out Oakley’s Crossrange Shield Snapbacks. Designed with sporty people in mind, these one-piece lens-style shades offer a bit of outdoor flair with an extended field of view.
- Clear-framed sunglasses are poised to be a major trend this summer and T3 Smarter Living thinks Oliver Peoples O’Malley Sunglasses will be leading the way. Made in Italy from clear acetate and accented with gold metal frames, these shades are modelled on the glasses worn by the former LA Dodgers owner, Peter O’Malley.
- tv also recommends the classic pairing of Maui Jim’s featherweight mongoose frame with Maui Green lenses, which make a pair of Maui Jim Mongoose sunglasses a must for active beachgoers looking for an edgy, chic design that stands out.
- For all James Bond fans out there, T3 recommends Tom Ford’s Square-Frame Polarized Sunglasses. Worn by Daniel Craig in the film Spectre, these shades look sharp with casual as well as formal wear.
Let Us Help You Find Shades that Are Right for You
The sunglasses that are right for you are a personal choice, based as much on your fashion sense as the shape of your face and eyes. We invite you to stop by our San Diego showrooms to browse our collections of sunglasses. Our inventory of men’s and women’s sunglasses is one of the largest in the world, offering a wide range of prescription and non-prescription choices.
- Our skilled team of optometrists, opticians, and other eye care professionals can help you explore our collections to help you find a look and a style that’s right for you or a family member.
- Opticians are on-site at all Sunglass & Optical locations, including our Sports Arena Boutique (Hancock Street).
- Optometrists practice on-site at our Sports Arena Warehouse (Kurtz Street) and Kearny Mesa (Convoy Street) While walk-ins are often available, calling ahead to schedule an appointment with them is highly recommended.